>From the friend of a friend of a friend:

Reflections on the events of Dec 12, 2012

As the Global Mother Divine director for Guatemala, I thought I’d pass on some
reflections I had from the events on December 21 this year in Monte Alban. I
don’t really know that much about it and certainly shouldn’t be taken as an
authority. Much of this is just what I have gleaned from glimpses I have gained
while trying to keep in touch with it in spare moments over the last few years.

The first part is meant to be fact. I hope I’ve got all the details at least
mostly right. Many of you may know most of this and more.

The Mayans never actually thought that Dec 21 was going to be the end of the
world. In fact, until 2010 the Mayans never even talked about the ending of
their calendar at all. The Mayans are, in general, quite happy and comfortable
to stay to themselves. Not many are welcome into their world and very few ever
leave. So there has not been much communication of what they believe or don’t
believe, until the last couple of years, with anyone.

But more than a decade ago some Mayans apparently did come to the US to college
here and mentioned that their calendar ended on Dec 21. They had no idea what
that meant or what was going to happen after that. So the Judeo-Christian
apocalyptic habit of thinking in this country turned it into the end of the
world. And that concept went around the world. EVERYONE around the world, as
far as I can tell from my travels and living with so many of other cultures,
knew that Dec 21 was ‘The Day’.

But 2 years ago, the Mayan elder who is the Prophesy Keeper and Day Keeper, Don
Alejandro, did start to talk about the end of the calendar, and in order to
quell the fear, he did go as public as possible with the help of new age
friends through internet and travels to other countries. His message was,
‘Don’t be afraid! The world is not going to end. It is the end of the current
cycle of time and the beginning of a new one.’ The ending cycle started about
5000 years ago, about the time Kali Yuga started.

The thing that amazes me was that he describes it in the same way and even with
the same words that Maharishi describes the new age he worked towards for so
many decades. Don Alejandro said the new time will be Heaven on Earth (those
words were used on the internet, at least), a time of peace and harmony, where
there will be no sickness or suffering. It will be a time when people will fly
through the air like clouds. The world will be without boarders, and everyone
will be able to travel anywhere without passports. He described it as a
beautiful new time to very much look forward to. He also predicted that the day
would be like any other day, like New Years eve. A new year is beginning, but
it doesn’t feel immediately any different from the old year. These are
prophesies that, as I understand it, have been around for 5000 years, but have
been passed on from father to son, or keeper to keeper, silently. The Mayan
people didn’t even really know. No one did until 2 years ago.

There is no TM Movement in Guatemala, no local teachers. Raja Louis imported
two Spanish Governors to teach there a number of years ago, and they have been
knocking on doors, and knocking on doors for many years, and for so long found
the doors all locked. Finally they found some openings, and finally they
reached the Mayan elders. I have no idea how long it took for the elders to
‘get’ what the Governors were saying, but when they finally did, the response
was kind of like, ‘Come in! We’re expecting you! This TM will eliminate
disharmony in collective consciousness? It will create peace? Please, tell us
what to do. You can teach us to fly? All the children should learn? Yes. We
will start now.”

Once it started, there was no stopping it. Last July, on Guru Purnima some
Mayans had learned the practice (I forget, maybe a few thousand?). But there
was no inkling that it was going to turn into what it is now, 6 months later,
with 8,000 students practicing yogic flying every day at the same time in
Mexico and Guatemala. After the demonstration on Dec 21, a contract was signed
with the Minister of Education of Mexico for 69,000 students to learn the
practice.

It was pretty amazing how Nature organized it. The flying block for 5,000 quite
spontaneously and naturally ended on Dec 20 and that was the last day of school
for the winter holidays. They wanted to have a graduation ceremony, so they
decided to have it at a traditional holy spot of their people. Most of the
children had never been there before. So it kind of happened that all the
students that money was raised for, went to Monte Alban to practice Yogic
Flying together on Dec 21, 2012. It was a new beginning.  Even though school is
out, no one goes anywhere. From now on all the children will do their program
together every day of the year whether or not school is in session, each in
their own school throughout the southern Mexico and Guatemala. This will go on
until at least 2016.

Raja Luis describes the students as being so pure and innocent that they have
phenomenal experiences. The teachers who teach them say it’s a completely
different experience than teaching anyone else. Also, apparently Maharishi said
that when indigenous people fly they are worth a few of those of us who don’t
have that natural connection to the earth. They are the custodians of the Laws
of Nature in that area and have much more influence than anyone else is able to
have.

Here is my reflection on the whole thing.

I think December 21, 2012 must have been the most anticipated day in the
history of the world. EVERYONE was looking at this day, some with fear, some
with hope and rejoicing, most believing that is was just a normal day and
nothing at all would happen. But everyone knew it was a day to be anticipated.
I have heard, completely as rumor and not to be taken as anything to hang one's
hat on, that Maharishi Jyotish apparently predicts that the day of the
transition will be sometime in a couple of months still (and I have no idea if
it will look like a normal day or not. Probably.)

But whether or not anything astrological did happen on that day, all that
attention on Dec 21 did do something huge. You can’t have that much attention
on a transformation and not have something transform. For one thing, many
people around the world did participate in some kind of ceremony on behalf of
the earth and her inhabitants. But for another, Nature organized that the Mayan
children gave a public Yogic Flying demonstration in a traditional sacred spot.
I doubt that it was very well advertised or covered by the media, but that is
inconsequential. Someday someone is going to ask what the Mayans did on Dec 21.
And one of the answers will be that they were flying.

The entire New Age movement looks to the Mayans now as leaders. They’re the
ones who know what’s happening. And if the Mayans are learning to fly (69,000
of them), hundreds of millions of New Agers around the world who sincerely want
to be part of the transition into a new age, will want to learn to fly.

Throughout the decades the movement has had a lot of competition in the area of
meditation. There are thousands of meditations and stress reduction techniques
and mind expanding techniques. One can’t blame anyone for not being able to
sift through everything that is out there and find one simple, natural,
effortless, effective method to let the mind slip into unbounded awareness
spontaneously.

But if what you want to do is to learn how to fly, there aren’t many places to
go. We don’t have a lot of competition. We're pretty much the only technique
around. I think it may be the Mayans and Dec 21, 2012 that bring the world at
large to embrace Transcendental Meditation and to appreciate Maharishi’s
tireless efforts for so many decades. I deeply hope it is true!

Jai Guru Dev, Deni

(If I've got some of the facts wrong, I'd like to know, so I can correct
myself.)