The first on the list of films I actually find myself
in anticipation of has to be "Seven Psychopaths."
No, *not* that I'm looking for company, as some here
might suggest. :-) It's because it's the latest film
from Martin McDonagh.

Who, you ask? Martin is the director of "In Bruges,"
arguably one of the best films produced in the last
decade. Martin is technically English, but he has
come to personify the Irish Sense Of Humor onscreen.
When "In Bruges" started to show up in reviews as
one of the best films of the year, he was often
described in those reviews as "Oscar-winning Martin
McDonagh."

Like most here, I reacted to that line with a hearty
"WTF?" I'd never heard of him before. Turns out he
had previously won an Oscar for Best Short Film, Live
Action in 2004 for a little gem called "Six Shooter."

Here, for those with a taste for Black Humor, of which
the most black is Irish Black Humor, is a link to "Six
Shooter." Be warned. It is a 27-minute film about a guy
(played by the great Brendan Gleeson) having the Worst
Day In History. People lately have been talking about
"support of nature." The protagonist in "Six Shooter"
is basically being crapped on by nature.

http://vimeo.com/2298743

Anyway, when this guy comes out with a new film, I pay
attention. His new one is called "Seven Psychopaths,"
and stars people like Michael Pitt, Sam Rockwell, Colin
Farrell, Abbie Cornish, Christopher Walken, Harry Dean
Stanton, and Woody Harrelson. The plot summary shown in
IMDB for this film is "A struggling screenwriter
inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles
criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap
a gangster's beloved Shih Tzu."  The "tag line" for
the film is "They Won't Take Any Shih Tzu."

I am SO first in line for this one. :-)