 From: nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:18 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Triguna Passes to Turq

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
>
> > > Yes, I know the world I inhabit.  And you do NOT know it, Turq.  You
> > > merely continue to project onto it your own unresolved stuff.  Stuff
> > > from decades ago.  Ok, I have unresolved stuff too.  But at least I
> > > have the good sense to recognize it and do something about it that I
> > > think is benficial.
> > >
> > > For God's sake, man, get over the TMO already!  It's a new year and all
> > > that is ancient history.
> >
> > He can't get over Maharishi, simply can't. Even more than 40 years since he
> > did a stint in the Movement, even "studying" with other teachers and
> > becoming a Buddhist cannot erase the memory of the TMO and Maharishi to
> > such a extent that he still today, decades after he last saw a video of
> > Maharishi uses the majority of his 50 alotted posts here to try to trash
> > the only real Saint he was ever within a mile of.
> >
> > What an everlasting impression Maharishi must have done to this poor soul !
>
> Well, now you know how TM transforms a person's life! You can add it to the
> list of movement successes. This is actually a very important observation.
> Why do a proportion of people who practice TM end up doing what turquoiseb
> does?

Interesting question. 0.00001 % ? His hate is unique. Perhaps, and this is only
a theory ofcourse; the success of the Movement in countries formerly dominated
by Buddhism is one factor. Another is that people obviously are popping in to
CC due to long-term practise of TM. The Turq is no fool even though he behaves
like one, he is aware of this success and it reminds him that his life was
wasted in wasting time making him an angry and bitter old man.
Add to the support for David Lynch from a galaxy of Hollywood celebrities and
famous directors (many of whom have not yet stepped forward) and the salt is
just being rubbed into his open wounds. And I haven't even mentioned the 8000
school-children now doing YF in Central America with perhaps as many as 29000
will practise within the end of this year...

The organisation seems to studiously avoid follow-up of its programs to find
out how it actually works out with everyone. The only study I have seen that
followed up indicated that only 20% of learners meditated regularly, and a
similar proportion on occasion, and the rest stopped.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Noone really studied this probably because it is far more
interesting to focus on the possibilities and new, younger generations. There
will always be people who stop TM, like stopping any other practise, for a
zillion of reasons.

In my case I did not stop, but lately, the last two or three years or so, due
to the changes in the quality of my experience, the structure of my meditations
has been spontaneously morphing so that, in the strictest sense of its process,
I am not doing TM that much anymore, but I still meditate.

Perhaps something good is happening ? If you doubt what is happening why not
consult someone you trust. There is a Dr.Dumbass here who seems to be pretty
much in the know of many things pertaining to the growth of higher states of
consciousness, why not discuss it with him ?