Current incomplete calculations put the hit zone just off of Santa
Monica.
Must be the wrath of the daimon ywvh at loosing his influence.
Better tell the pope to cower before his altar and seek redress.

I'll suggest Judy twitter him and tell him to get busy.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> It's my guess that if that hunk of rock comes crashing down on Earth
the Men's Dome will be right in its cross hairs - isn't comforting to
know, Buck that you will be feeling Maharishi's Bliss going up your
spine as you bounce across the Dome just as the asteroid slams into and
flattens everything around you???

> ________________________________

Earth and
> > > Moon. In 1989 one that, had it been travelling one millionth of a
mile
> > > an hour slower, would have hit in the middle of the atlantic and
set off
> > > every volcano and earthquake faultline on earth, not to mention
swamping
> > > Europe, Africa and the America's with the resulting tsunami.
> > > Hardly a rare occurrence then but something to loose sleep over?
Not for
> > > me but just think, there were three in the last century that
struck
> > > land, one in Siberia, one in Arabia and one in south America. No
known
> > > casualties but there was massive destruction in each case.
Millions of
> > > felled trees in Tunguska, a desert melted into glass in Arabia. I
often
> > > wonder what would have happened at the height of the cold war if,
say,
> > > New York or Moscow had been suddenly vapourised by an incoming
comet.
> > > Would the powers that be been able to stop themselves retaliating
> > > against the mistaken foe? Most of these things are unknown before
they
> > > flash by close enough to part our hair, cosmically speaking,
without us
> > > being aware of their existence - except this one. Anyway, it's all
just
> > > something to help keep life in perspective....
> > >

> > > Apophis â€" a 'potentially hazardous' asteroid â€" flies
by Earth on
> > > Wednesday
> > > Asteroid Apophis arrives this week for a close pass of Earth. This
isn't
> > > the end of the world but a new beginning for research into
potentially
> > > hazardous asteroids
> > >
> > >   [A computer generated image of a near Earth asteroid] A
> > > computer-generated image of a near-Earth asteroid. Astronomers
will get
> > > a close-up view of Apophis on Wednesday. Photograph: Planetary
> > > Resources/EPA
> > > Apophis hit the headlines in December 2004. Six months after its
> > > discovery, astronomers had accrued enough images to calculate a
> > > reasonable orbit for the 300-metre chunk of space
> > >   rock. What they saw was
> > > shocking.
> > >
> > > There was a roughly 1 in 300 chance of the asteroid hitting Earth
during
> > > April 2029. Nasa issued a press release
> > >   spurring astronomers around
> > > the world to take more observations in order to refine the orbit.
Far
> > > from dropping, however, the chances of an impact on (you've
guessed it)
> > > Friday 13 April 2029 actually rose.
> > >
> > > By Christmas Day 2004, the chance of the 2029 impact was 1 in 45
and
> > > things were looking serious. Then, on 27 December astronomers had
> > > stroke of luck.
> > >
> > > Looking back through previous images, they found one from March on
which
> > > the asteroid had been captured but had gone unnoticed. This
> > > significantly improved the orbital calculation and the chances of
the
> > > 2029 impact dropped to essentially zero. However, the small chance
of an
> > > impact in 2036 opened up and remains open today
> > >
> >   > .
> > >
> > > While there is no cause for alarm, similarly there is no room for
> > > complacency either. Apophis remains on the list of Potentially
Hazardous
> > > Asteroids compiled by the International Astronomical Union's Minor
> > > Planet Center.
> > >
> > > Although most asteroids are found in the belt of space between
Mars and
> > > Jupiter, not all of them reside there. Apophis belongs to a group
known
> > > as theAten family  . These
> > > do not belong to the asteroid belt and spend most of their time
inside
> > > the orbit of the Earth, placing them between our planet and the
sun.

> > > That makes them particularly dangerous because they spend the
majority
> > > of their orbit close to the sun, whose overwhelming glare obscures
them
> > > to telescopes on Earth â€" rather like a second world war
fighter ace
> > > approaching out of the sun.
> > >
> > > Having crossed outside Earth's orbit, Apophis will appear briefly
in the
> > > night-time sky. Wednesday 9 January will afford astronomers the
rare
> > > opportunity to bring a battery of telescopes to bear: from optical
> > > telescopes to radio telescopes to the European Space Agency's
Infrared
> > > Space Observatory Herschel. Two of the biggest unknowns that
remain to
> > > be established are the asteroid's mass and the way it is spinning.
Both
> > > of these affect the asteroid's orbit and without them, precise
> > > calculations cannot be made.
> > >
> > > Another unknown is the way sunlight affects the asteroid's orbit,
either
> > > through heating the asteroid or the pressure of sunlight itself
> > >  .
> > > Russia has announced tentative plans to land a tracking beacon on
> > > Apophis sometime after 2020
> > >  , so that its
> > > orbit can be much more precisely followed from Earth.
> > >
> > > Wednesday's pass is only really close by astronomical standards,
taking
> > > place at around 14.5 million kilometres above Earth's surface. The
> > > moon's orbit is 385,000 km. The 2029 close pass is another matter
> > > entirely, however.
> > >
> > > On Friday 13 April 2029, Apophis will slip past the Earth just
30,000km
> > > above our heads â€" less that one-tenth the distance of the
moon and
> > > closer even than the communication satellites that encircle the
Earth at