The treatment of choice for PTSD is prolonged exposure which was primarily
developed by Edna Foa. This procedure focuses on facilitating the individual
processing rather than avoiding traumatic memories and the stimuli that trigger
such memories. TM might be useful as an ancillary therapy to help person reduce
the chronic level of SNS arousal that is often associated with PTSD e.g a
pronounced startle response.