And how would be treat someone with a vata imbalance?  We "ground"
them.  Which also goes along with Turq's thesis of putting them in "the
now."  Meditation is calming so it will help ground them.  That is
unless they are too high strung to meditate and then some pranayam would
help to get them to a calmer state where they could ground.  Just do a
search on "PTSD grounding" and see what turns up. ;-)