This came from a talk given by an expert on Vastu sent by MMY to the
MUM campus to review the campus some years ago. Actually, I think it
may have been asuras, and not devas. I don't remember very well.
Anyway, this seemed to be coming, not from MMY, but from the
traditional understanding of Vastu that predated MMY's interest in
it.