on 9/7/05 3:18 PM, bbrigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> ***********
>
> There are no jobs for NO refugees in Fairfield, not in the kind of
> numbers that are needed, so it would be pretty pointless to just
> house people for a while, especially since that housing is available
> elsewhere. Looks like a few refugees might go to private homes in
> Ottumwa http://tinyurl.com/8x6qu

I called the Ottumwa City Council and they said these plans are up in the
air because the refugees who were slated to come here don't want to come to
Iowa. I was going to send out a notice to the Amma mailing list. Still will
if it looks like they're coming. I noticed on
http://www.hurricanehousing.org/ that there are lots of offers from Iowa
City and Cedar Rapids. Don't know how many takers.

> So how about it, Rick, you gonna invite a refugee into your home in
> Fairfield?

I would like to but we work at home and our place is pretty small. I was
thinking of setting up our camper in the driveway, but the weather will be
getting colder.