--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> Agreed. Those who continue to say that there is no
> transcendental value in the Puja are simply parroting
> the values of the material world we live in.

Sorta the same way you're parroting things TOLD to
you by people you consider "authorities?" At least
*we* are speaking from our own experience. How many
pujas have *you* performed?

> Lazy, confused minds, much more willingness to flow
> with the incomplete values of this world's consciousness,
> than attempting something different, something new,
> outside the boundaries of common experience.

Ahem. *I* am the one speaking "out of the box" here.
*You* are the one invoking old mood-makey things you
have been TOLD. Again, *I* am the one speaking from
experience, whereas *you* are talking from theory.

> Materialism is an awesome blindness, because it can
> never be disproved. It is the safest harbor from
> reality that there is. :-)

Some would say that is has a great deal more to do
with reality than believing in things you've only been
TOLD about by others, with no experience of personally.
Or correct me here...how many pujas have you performed
in your life, Jimbo? I've done thousands. And *on the
basis of that experience*, I think that their supposed
"effect" can be almost completely written off to the
placebo factor, and moodmaking.

I *understand* that others -- IMO those who still cannot
break free from the conditioning of what they have been
TOLD about the puja, during the same instruction in which
they were TOLD to moodmake while performing it -- may not
agree, and may hold to "good experiences" they had while
performing puja. Me, I have no such allegiances to the
past, or to past beliefs. I never noticed much of an effect
from the puja, even after following all of Maharishi's
instructions to the letter, and trying to moodmake myself
*into* having a "good experience" the way I was told to.
Therefore, in retrospect, *based on my own personal
experience*, I have to believe that what I was TOLD about
the puja was flowery bullshit.

Please explain to us the basis on which you believe it's
more than that. We'll wait.