On 01/25/2013 12:51 PM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu  wrote:
>> I'll take that back as I found a one-liner that will
>> do the trick for adding date and time to the subject.
> Kinda figured you'd be able to do so. It's a pretty
> piss-poor language that doesn't have a simple date()
> function. If I'm right about why the Yahoo Web Viewer
> is throwing up trying to load these posts, just the
> date would do it...no need to add the time. All that
> would be required to avoid the problem is a unique
> Subject line, and date alone would accomplish that.
>
> Thanks for looking into it...

The problem was a one liner that would return UTC time.  Found one that
returns GMT time (close enough) and actually it should say UTC instead
of GMT because my bet it will still be GMT when BST is in effect.  And
I'm not sure that function was around when I wrote the script over 4
years ago.  Adding the date will probably help but I also think the main
problem is Yahoo Groups no longer likes to have email addresses
displayed.  I sent Alex a version where showing the email address is
optional and just shows the handles.