--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Carol"  wrote:

> I'm curious to hear/read different folks descriptions of what it is like to
> have the Silence permeate other areas of your life.
>
> And why is this state of grounded in the self and permanent silence called
> "Enlightenment?"

My wild guess is it might be based (at least) on these two suutras:

nirvicaara-vaishaaradye 'dhyaatma-prasaadaH. (I 47)

Taimni's translation:

On attaining the utmost purity of the nirvicaara stage (of samaadhi)
there is the dawning of the spiritual light.

(The on following the YF-suutra:)

bahir-akalpitaa vRttir mahaa-videhaa; tataH prakaashaavaraNakSayaH.

The power of contacting the state of consciousness (vRttir) which is outside
(bahiH) the intellect and is therefore inconceivable is called mahaa-videhaa.
From it is destroyed the covering of light.

(I'm not sure how "good" that particular translation is...LOL!)