On 01/25/2013 10:34 AM, raunchydog wrote:
> The Untouchables attempts to explain why the Wall Street execs who engineered
> the great financial wreck of 2008 have never been prosecuted.
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/untouchables/

I finally got around to watching this.  Everyone in the US should see
this.  What we have now is a bunch of criminals running the banks.
That's why we call them banksters.  As some of the interviewees point
out it is very difficult to prove the cases.  The sad thing is that
Senator Kaufmann who took Joe Biden's place until and new senator could
be elected and ran a investigative panel expected the Justice Department
to investigate and indict some of these corporate CEOs.  No, instead the
government made a smattering of arrests of small fry including small
mortgage brokers.  The concern was that such arrests would lead to the
collapse of companies like Goldman-Sachs, B of A, CitiBank, etc.  And
no, no, we can't have that as it might bring down the economy.  Well,
it's bringing down the economy anyway!  Let's have some justice for a
change but I don't expect it with the Obama Gang.