They do it with TM, because TM is the only technique that operates without
conscious intervention. The other stuff you are talking about may make you feel
all cozy and spiritual, but it doesn't do jack wrt to long term changes. You
are our best example of that. Despite all your crap about TM, it is clear to me
that you have been stuck in the mud since you quit. Like Bob, I don't mind
gently trying to return you to reality, when you get lost in one of your mental
cul-de-sacs.