--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> So, the point is, It's all wrapped too tight. Until a Long thingie
makes
> fun thingies happen. Thank you. Got it in One (-:

Thanks for getting the fun of it, despite the slight jab, meant not
personally as a jab at anyone in particular here, just the TM/New
Age tendency for people to think that they understand quantum
physics based on what they've been told by people dumbing it
down to the max. This seemed to be a linguistic tool to help
determine what "the max" really is. :-)

But as for the Up-Goer Five Editor, I have been having SO much
fun with it, sitting in this pub on a rainy afternoon. I think it's a
marvelous concept -- trying to express complicated things in the
most simple language possible. I've been amusing myself the last
five minutes by trying to use it to write Bad Poetry. These are what
I came up with so far:

afternoon blonde
beautiful face, beautiful mind
cool crazy conversation
then boyfriend appears
brought down
but only for a moment
because it was
a damned nice conversation
and now still is

Up-Goer Question:
How does one
repeat the hundred hundred
names of God
in only
ten hundred words?

how to wake up
is not the question
the game is more
how to stop dreaming
that you are asleep

to question
is to wake up
to answer
is to dream

There once was a lady from somewhere
Who had herself a beautiful pair
But much further up
She was only an A-cup
Full of air, with no real there there

trying to say down to the max by restricting you to the 1,000 most
common words in the English language (really "ten hundred" if I were
writing this using the editor).

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/culturelab/2013/01/up-goer-five.html?

> To show how this would be useful when communicating to TMers who want
to believe that if you dumb something down enough that they can
understand it they actually understand it, here's the editor describing
string theory... :-)