I was watching a rather amateur zombie film the other day.  Acting
wasn't bad, cinematography not bad but it ran almost 2 hours and didn't
need to.  It could have been trimmed quite a bit in the editing phase.
I kept watching seeing whole little segments that could have been cut
and move the story line along better.

I have more fun watching movies from other countries because I like to
see stories set in other cultures.  It's interesting to see how their
productions strapped with a low budget can still get something good out
using "economy of means."

There's a documentary about Nigeria's film industry which is one of the
world largest.  But it's all very cheap and distributed on VCDs.  Talk
about "economy of means."