--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jim_flanegin wrote:
> > And I am not politically naive, I am just tired of the
> > stonewalling, the excuses, and the appalling job Bush is doing
> > as President.
> >
> All right Jim, let's compare President Bush's response with the
> response of the New Orleans police:

<snip> So do you agree that the New Orleans police failed to protect
the
> survivors?

Different issue. My point was not to somehow contrast President
Bush's record with that of every other local and state government
entity, including the New Orleans police. Surely mistakes have been
made at all levels of government in dealing with this crisis.

The analogy I think of when evaluating the performance of the Bush
administration is that of a school administration. Within the school
you may find some good teachers and some bad teachers. However if
the performance of the school overall is deteriorating, one looks to
the Principal for accountability.

The Principal can make all the excuses he or she wants to, but the
responsibility for the successful running of the school ultimately
rests with them.