My most successful high school sport was wrestling.  I was 11-1 on the
JV team.  I used to demolish my opponents.  The only guy I couldn't beat
was Doug Haywood who was varsity, and a year older.  It seems he
couldn't beat many other people, but he could always beat me.
Soccer was not my sport either, but it certainly became more popular in
the next generation or so.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> Hi Steve and thanks for telling your Mt. Shasta stories.  I think
you were brave to even attempt.  We're lucky that you survived those
forays which definitely sound scary.  And I have heard that there
are great beings who live there.  Maybe they chose that home for a
good reason.  Yeah, I've been thinking it would be great to have a
soccer league for older women.  Soccer wasn't happening in the US
when I was growing up.  it looks fun.  I had to make do with
softball and basketball which were also fun. Â Â

> ________________________________

they put on display what I might call a personality flaw.  And I
think I may have told them before at some point, but:
> I admit that the idea of Ascended Masters and The Great White
Brotherhood has a bit of a hold on my imagination.  But not
so much that I give much attention to it.  And of course visiting
northern California always sounds like a good idea.Â
> To digress some:Â  We took a family vacation there, when the kids
were still a little young.  I knew it was a risk, because,
inspite of the fact that we visited Yosemite, Mariposa Pine Forest, Big
Sur, (redwoods), and Point Lobos reserve where we saw seals, star fish
anenomes, salt mounds, among other things, Â the only thing the kids
seem to remember from the vacation is feeding the squirrels, or
chipmunks by the side of the road.

> But back to the story.  I had it in my mind that a good thing to
do would be to hike up to the summit of Mount Shasta.  I read all
about it before hand.  One would need ice cleats, a pick, and other
certain gear. I think what happened was that my brother in law had given
me free round trip plane tickets to anywhere in the US, and I decided to
go there.
> Anyway, I rented all that equipment, got my permit, but realized,
after I had hiked up to the staging area, that in order to make the
summit, you basically had to be in marathon running shape, and had to
begin your ascent a little before midnight, so that conditions would be
most condusive to success.
> So, I made it only a little past the staging area.Â
> And then, for some reason, which I can't remember, I had a chance to
visit Shasta again.  Scaling back my expectations, I thought I would
at least hike a little further.  Only this time, there was snow up
to the my knees or thighs, and I don't think I even made it as far as
the first time.
> I have many other examples, where, for some reason, I think I am
capable of doing something, but don't have the physical endurance to do
it.  But it doesn't seem to stop me.  Like trying to play
inline hockey with my sons, but only being able to stay out on the rink
for about 90 seconds before I need to rest.
> On the other hand, I'm disappointed that my softball team disbanded a
couple years ago, and I've put out feelers that I'd like to play goalie
on a soccer team or inline hockey team for older people, but no one has
answered my posting.
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long wrote:
> >
> > dear Steve, still looking forward to hearing those 2 stories about
Mt. Shasta that you mentioned in thread called Awakened
Awareness.  Some of us keep track of this kind of thing (-:

> > ________________________________

son.  A good friend of mine is on the Purusha program in
Utter Kashi.
> > His dad had a high profile here, and he also had different plans for
his son which he encouraged him to follow.
> > But the son decided to go "Full TMO".  I had gently tried to
suggest that he only go "part TMO", but just didn't work out that way.
> > It's always fun when he comes through every couple years.
When he does, other than his appearance, he adapts right in.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, Mr. Soss, thank you so much for this.  Love the
LSD story.  I have Baba's picture on my desk because he
is so beautiful, his smile is so beautiful.  The photo
came with a cd of Krishna Das.  Ram Das is also
wonderful.  Good Lord but we are fortunate
people.  To be alive when such souls make themselves
accessible to us.