Bhagavan Kalki and his wife Amma are current teachers from southern
India who have trained people to offer Diksha. Diksha is most simply
put, a teacher putting his hands on the head of someone for a minute
or so, and the student receives grace. My first experience of it was
that it was pleasant, and since then each experience becomes more and
more profound. Pure awareness becomes predominant and while the mind
is there (or not), it is not running the show and the identity is not
with the mind. Chakras become very enlivened, can be quite ecstatic,
and pure consciousness is felt very concretely in the body. Very
powerful experiences of the Divine are enlivened. They are the kind
of experiences that I have had with the TM program on long courses;
they are all experiences consistant with expansion of Self. The
Diksha giver is simply a channel for enlivening wholeness.

Bhagavan and Amma have taught many Indians, and in the past decade
have started teaching westerners as well. They have a 21 day course
where people can go after which they can offer Diksha. Check out
www.livinginjoy.com if you want to read people's experiences. It
seems clear that many people are getting enlightened and the time it
takes is not very long. The first westerner who met Bhagavan about 10
years ago says he was in the witness state for quite awhile (as a
result of Bhagavan), and when he received his first Diksha about 2
years ago (Diksha just started being offered 2 years ago), he reached
the oneness state (our unity) after 4 Dikshas. There have been a few
who were enlightened after one Diksha they say.

Bhagavan is not looking to be people's guru and does not have alot of
teachings. Mainly he wants to offer Diksha, & bring people to
enlightenment. He says for people to continue with their own religion
and teachings. The TM folks I know who are receiving Diksha are
having fabulous experiences. I originally went to a Diksha meeting
because I heard they could help heal physical aches and pains, and it
definately does have a good effect on the body. It really accelerates
experience of pure consciousness/the Divine, for me.