I guess the same is true for discussions here on FFL, the more I think about it

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:

> http://www.cracked.com/article_20223_5-bizarre-factors-that-secretly-influence-your-opinions.html

"Well, when you're forced to think through or express why you like something,
you're immediately biased toward opinions that you can actually explain or
verbalize. In other words, you may taste five jams and decide that No. 4 just
tasted better, because in that moment your senses were taking in a thousand
different factors you weren't consciously thinking about. But when pressured to
actually explain in detail which one you liked best, you're looking for easily
quantifiable things -- suddenly you're talking about how No. 2 had more
berries, or how No. 1 had better color. In reality, neither of those things
actually affected your enjoyment. You're just trying to make it sound like you
made your decision based on an easily explainable chain of logic when in
reality your tongue had it right all along."