> > You are more of a TV junkie than I am then.

turquoiseb:
> > I finished watching this series today...

turquoiseb:
> I seriously doubt that most Americans are bright
> enough to even notice the aspect ratios, except
> for old movie shown on TNT...

You're thinking that most Americans can't tell the
difference between a cathode ray tube and an HD
LCD flat screen? Go figure.

Apparently you can't tell the difference between
TV set ratios and film ratios. LoL!

The most common aspect ratios used today in the
presentation of films in movie theaters are 1.85:1
and 2.39:1

"Driving the forecast, IHS says, is the maturation
of the market — most consumers who could afford to
swap out their big, bulky TVs in favor of more
elegant high-definition flat screens have already
done so..."

http://tinyurl.com/aksvgek