--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok  wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck"  wrote:

> > > Yep, another example of an extraordinary holy person who has visited
> > > Fairfield.  As a story and package he is a real trip but was helpful to
> > > some Purusha and others here who had never had much by way of sitting
> > > with clear experience of samadhi in their meditation practice.
> > > http://www.shivabalayogi.ca/about.html
> > >

> > Buck, which Shivabalayogi?
>
> Interesting distinction charted between spiritual teachers and yogis.
>
> Dear Navashok, I am not invested in this guy as a saint enough to know the
> ins and out of this whole deal or which one comes to Fairfield, but it's the
> guy in the link.

Neither am I, nor am I judgmental about him. I think he's the guy my friend is
organizing for, they have a center in North Carolina, IIRC his original name is
Singh and he was Agra based.

In general my opinion about approaching any saint / guru etc is, that one has
to see the guy before judging. I like the story you posted. I think that it is
much more advantageous to meditate with a person who has this kind of Shakti or
Samadhi experiences. Like Barry I think that this is more conducive to attain a
deep meditative state than learning a technique. Learning a technique is good
though for people who are starting. Some things have to be transmitted.
Personally, I would be more interested in him than in Adyashanti or Tolle.
(Again I can't judge them as I have never seen any of them). But what I collect
from here and the report of friends, the later would be more something like
spiritual teachers, I think it's probably enough to read their books, one
doesn't have to meet them.