--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > This IS a gem, navashok, thanks for posting.  Also replying to a few of
> > your other recent posts:
>
> Yep. I am not an expert on Tantras like Bhairithu or Uncle Tantra, I got
> these two books in my shelf 'Gems of Tantras' by M.P. Pundit. Once, one of
> his small booklets, Adoration of the Divine Mother, long out of print, had a
> trans-formative effect on my life.
>
> > I'm glad all your sins have already been washed away by Ganga (-:
>
> ;-) I was at three Kumbh Melas total, so I think that is overkill. That
> should really do it for the rest of this incarnation.
>
> > Monsoon Wedding is my closest encounter with Bollywood.  I enjoyed that
> > and also Bend It Like Beckham which had some Bollywood elements.
>
> I have seen both. The later one is nice and funny, and the first one is
> really authentic, that's really how weddings are in India, I was told.
> Bollywood is a dream-factory, and most movies are junk. The ones I mentioned
> are among the good ones, there are others too, but the ones I saw were mostly
> romance. But then I like A.R. Rahman as composer.
>
> > As for visiting saints, etc., it's my experience that life takes us where
> > we need to go.  For what?  Well, to have more of it!
>
> You tell it, I know about it.
>
> > PS  I also like what Uncle Tantra replied to this topic.
>
> True, at some point, life becomes meditation, the barriers between the inner
> and the outer are torn apart. I still feel the pull inward, quite
> spontaneously. I think that's really what it is all about: when the pull is
> so strong, that meditation is unavoidable, this also with regard to the guy
> who follows Shivabalayogi. At that point, there is not the question IF you
> should meditate, WHY and for WHAT. But if you try to force yourself to do
> meditation, for many hours, when you do it to achieve something, maybe to
> become somebody, have exaggerated expectations, then it's indeed unhealthy.
> But I don't understand people like Ann, who don't enjoy meditation. I think
> she really doesn't know what meditation is.

You could be right on that one. For me, activity is so charming, so fulfilling,
so FULL that nothing has yet superseded it for me. The variety, the nuances,
the diversity of what one can experience with the eyes open, the ears
listening, the skin feeling just offers so much more for me. But of course,
along with all the tactile sensations are the brain functions, the emotions,
the thoughts, the insights that go along with it. I mean, how can you beat
that? What a smorgasbord of delight, of thrill, of waiting for the next unknown
event in one's day to pop up? It takes all ones skill just to engineer one's
way through a single day. When I sleep it is way more interesting than
meditating. My nights during sleep are like three-feature film nights; I get as
much experience dreaming as I do being awake only this time I get to live other
realities, see new things, things I don't observe during the day - fantastic
things. I mean, I have 24 HOURS of non-stop input, I'm rolling in it and I
still can't get enough.

So yes, undoubtedly I am missing out on some bliss,  some quiet aspects of
non-doing but that's okay, I think I see lots of God everywhere I look, even
picking up the dog shit.