 From: navashok <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:42 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Gems from the Tantras

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long  wrote:

> This IS a gem, navashok, thanks for posting.  Also replying to a few of your
> other recent posts:

Yep. I am not an expert on Tantras like Bhairithu or Uncle Tantra, I got these
two books in my shelf 'Gems of Tantras' by M.P. Pundit. Once, one of his small
booklets, Adoration of the Divine Mother, long out of print, had a
trans-formative effect on my life.

> I'm glad all your sins have already been washed away by Ganga (-:

;-) I was at three Kumbh Melas total, so I think that is overkill. That should
really do it for the rest of this incarnation.

> Monsoon Wedding is my closest encounter with Bollywood.  I enjoyed that and
> also Bend It Like Beckham which had some Bollywood elements.

I have seen both. The later one is nice and funny, and the first one is really
authentic, that's really how weddings are in India, I was told. Bollywood is a
dream-factory, and most movies are junk. The ones I mentioned are among the
good ones, there are others too, but the ones I saw were mostly romance. But
then I like A.R. Rahman as composer.

> As for visiting saints, etc., it's my experience that life takes us where we
> need to go.  For what?  Well, to have more of it!

You tell it, I know about it.

> PS  I also like what Uncle Tantra replied to this topic.

True, at some point, life becomes meditation, the barriers between the inner
and the outer are torn apart. I still feel the pull inward, quite
spontaneously. I think that's really what it is all about: when the pull is so
strong, that meditation is unavoidable, this also with regard to the guy who
follows Shivabalayogi. At that point, there is not the question IF you should
meditate, WHY and for WHAT. But if you try to force yourself to do meditation,
for many hours, when you do it to achieve something, maybe to become somebody,
have exaggerated expectations, then it's indeed unhealthy. But I don't
understand people like Ann, who don't enjoy meditation. I think she really
doesn't know what meditation is.