--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Regarding meditation, my late tantra guru always said "if you
> don't feel like meditating then don't because nothing will be
> gained from the meditation."  In TM it was treated more
> devotional and skipping frowned on.

FWIW, I never heard there was anything "devotional" about
doing TM regularly. It was supposedly a matter of the
effect on the physiology, like the standard (not just in
TM) recommendation to eat and go to bed at regular times.

TM was also compared to brushing your teeth. It wouldn't
make any sense to say, "If you don't feel like brushing
your teeth then don't because nothing will be gained
from brushing them."