----- Forwarded Message -----
From: DailyGood.org <cl...@charityfocus.org>
To: sharelon...@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:35 PM
Subject: Music As A Three-Dimensional Experience

DailyGood.org
You're receiving this email because you are a DailyGood subscriber.
Trouble Viewing?  On a mobile? Just click here. Not interested anymore?
Unsubscribe.

February 16, 2013 a project of ServiceSpace
  Then the singing enveloped me. It was furry and resonant, coming from
everyone's very heart. There was no sense of performance or judgment, only that
the music was breath and food.

- Anne Lamott -
Music As A Three-Dimensional Experience
The music program at St. Paul's Episcopal School in Oakland, California opened
my eyes. It happened at a student concert and was a subtle thing, hard to put
in words. It all comes to light in our interview with Melanie DeMore who was a
key part of their program for 21 years. "I think that whenever you go to a
concert, whatever it is, the people should leave feeling way bigger than when
they came in. It's got to be food. Music, art -- it's got to be food.
Otherwise, what's the point? And people are starving! DeMore is now teaching at
UC Berkeley and in demand with choral groups all over the country. { read more }
Be The Change
Take a chance and sing. Join a singing group. Or just sing out loud for
yourself.

COMMENT | RATE

  Related Good News
10 Worst Listening Habits -- and Their Cure 7 Ways to Have More by Owning Less
11 Amazing Thank You Notes The Untapped Power of Smiling
A Guide to Finding Your Passion Can Positive Thoughts Help Heal Another? The
'Before I Die' Project 10 Life-Changing Perspectives On Anger

DailyGood is a volunteer-run initiative that delivers "good news" to 125,480
subscribers.  There are many ways to help. To unsubscribe, click here.

Other ServiceSpace projects include:
HelpOthers  //  CF Sites  //  KarmaTube  //  Conversations  //  More