I am sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel.  It runs in my family and
my mom had it, as well as cousin.  I am not sure if one of my sisters
has it or not.  But it sure is persistent, and in my cousin's case there
doesn't seem to be anything he can do to alleviate, or correct it.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <jchwelch@...> wrote:

> Share stated: "My main point is that our issues can often cloud our
current moment thinking and it's helpful to be aware of that. "

> I agree.
>
> Thinking back, this discourse got started with me when I brought upthe
subject of that because Oz endorses TM that must mean that TM is a good
thing (when other equally intelligent people have other opinions) with
the comparison of Collins as a scientist endorsing Christianity as a
good thing (when other equally intelligent people have other opinions).
That was all.

> And my communication is probably not the greatest. I'm not an academic
or a debater, and never will be. And I don't excel at clever comebacks
and such. I find it draining...and moreso after having carpal tunnel
surgery on February 18. Typing is still a bit laborious.

> Yes..that bug is beautiful. :)
>
> ***********
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long sharelong60@ wrote:
> >
> > Hi Carol, that has got to be the most beautiful bug I have ever
seen!  Thanks so much for including him (-:
> > My main point is that our issues can often cloud our current moment
thinking and it's helpful to be aware of that.  Especially if we're
wanting to communicate convincingly to others, which Michael has said is
his goal.Â

> > ________________________________

upon him as I was channel surfing. He stated something to the effect
that if anyone ever says he endorses a product, to please not believe
that he endorses that said product. (The context was in regard to weight
loss.) He stated he makes a point to not endorse products even though
various products will claim he endorses them.

> > So...I'm just wondering if he really does endorse TM, or rather does
he endorse meditation (in any form) in general and that his choice of
meditation (at this point in his life) is TM?

> > Share stated, "[...] can all these smart and creative people be so
deluded about the efficacy of TM? [...]"

> > Apparently, TM works for them. That isn't a delusion; it is their
reality. That said, they may be deluded (fooled or ignorant) or choose
to be complacent regarding the TMO and its colored history; or maybe
that just don't have the energy/time to learn about it.

> > Smart and creative people tout other practices/beliefs/products too.
I don't think they are deluded, but rather that they like said
product/practice. That doesn't mean I or the next person will like said
product/practice. I may even have a horrible experience with the said
product/practice. Hopefully I am somewhat smart and creative.

> > I am suspicious when anyone pushes anything as the one true
technique to bring peace and resolution and absolute health to humanity.
I'm not saying any celebrities push TM as such; I don't keep up with
that sort of information.

> > As far as Micheal and any of his issues, I think he is the authority
on that and he can decide to share or not to share. I have no desire to
scrutinize his (or anyone's) issues publicly or even privately. (I'm not
saying you want to do that either.)I have enough on my issue plate
already.

> > Thanks for the response!
> >
> > Gekkos are cool.
> >
> > And so is this beetle dude/dudette...Chrysolina cerealis

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477780895608805&set=a.2608163173\
05265.74666.187139094672988&type=1
> > *************
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Carol, my Mom loves the gekko too.  Of course the fact
that Dr. Oz practices TM doesn't negate MJ's bad experiences with
it.  Just as Fr Keating's Batgap interview does not negate my
somewhat bad experiences with the Catholic Church.  But again,
I'm not continuing to speak against Catholicism, etc.  Whereas
Michael does continue to speak against TM, etc. and seems to have quite
a charge when he does so.  From my own experience with charges,
I'd say there's a deeper issue going on that just what appears on the
surface.ÂÂ

> > > Just yesterday Michael expressed the wish that Dr. Oz who seems
pretty savvy to me, stop being deluded about TMO.  This was in
addition to saying that Dr. Oz is afraid to disagree with Oprah.
This latter statement especially indicates to me that there's a deeper
issue present.  I've got my issues too so I'm not saying it's a
bad thing.  But I give less weight to what someone says if it
seems to me that there are other deeper issues present.  And I
realize when people are overly positive, that too can indicate a deeper
issue present.  If someone's energy feels off in either
direction, then I take their opinions with a bigger grain of salt.

> > > So I have been asking:  can all these smart and creative
people be so deluded about the efficacy of TM?  Maybe they simply
choose to use what's useful about it and leave the rest.

> > > I doubt that Dr. Oz, who seems to me to have integrity, endorses
TM only because he was asked to do so.  If indeed that is how it
happened.  Maybe he approached them.  Maybe he had good
experiences and liked what the research said, etc. and decided he wanted
to share something valuable with others.  I think most people
want to help others.  Then it's up to others to figure out whose
opinion can actually be helpful to them.
> > > Thanks for taking the time to reply.ÂÂ
> > >

> > > ________________________________
Carol

> > > ÂÂ
> > > Share stated:
> > > "Hi Carol, the crucial difference is that I don't continually have
or express negative opinions about Christianity, Christian churches or
Jesus Christ. So there is nothing for me to reconcile. I can easily
believe that a smart, successful and healthy person might practice
Christianity."

> > > Good point.
> > >
> > > I'm around some folks who regularly do criticize Christianity and
belief in God(s). For me that's where the comparison comes in between
Collins and Christianity with Dr. Oz and TM. Sorry I wasn't clear about
that. :)

> > > What is there to reconcile with Oz and TM? I don't get what needs
to be reconciled.

> > > Just because Dr. Oz (or anyone else) likes and practices TM and
touts its benefits doesn't negate another person's bad or toxic
experiences with TM or the TMO.

> > > Of course, any business/corporation likes to have well known folks
endorse them. Sells more product, practice, whatever the goods are. Dr.
Oz's endorsement of TM and the TMO (if he does endorse them) is good PR
for the TMO.

> > > The gekko endorses Geiko. And then there's Flo for Progressive.
But I'm still with Nationwide; I like my agent and the service.

> > > **********

points:
Oprah.  Do you know that for a fact?  He
seems pretty independent to me.

that.  And I don't think TM is superior because anyone
said so.  I think it is unique in the effortlessness of
it process.  My own logic tells me that this
effortlessness is what makes it the best meditation technique that I
know of.  I am happy with it so don't feel compelled to
look for another.

have or express negative opinions about Christianity, Christian churches
or Jesus Christ.  So there is nothing for me to
reconcile.  I can easily believe that a smart, successful
and healthy person might practice Christianity.ÂÂÂ

tout TM who could variously be characterized as Bliss Ninny's and other
such names, I should start TM again because he agrees with them?

see, the German Purusha guys I have read about here on FFL who wear
swastikas under their ties and party when it is Hitler's birthday?

a celebrity who owes his fame to Oprah and is unwilling to disagree with
her.

is a good thing, I don't hold against

Marshy and TM sales pitches, cuz that is exactly what they have always
been, sales pitches. Therefore I don't hold it against him that he too
is deluded about TM.

benefit of the experiences of seeing some of the things I have seen in
TM - abusive behavior on the part of TM longtimers especially the
popinjay Governors with a little bit of TM authority and the unstressing
phenomenon, particularly that seen on long rounding courses. Were he
aware of these things, I trust he would be intelligent enough to alter
his opinion of TM and its pimps.

celebrities far differently than they treat rank and file meditators,
sidhas and Governors who have no money, celebrity or TM authority within
the Movement.

authority over, be they meditators or Governors.

the one hand and regular folks on the other were he to see it, I am sure
his magnificent intelligence would enable him to question the efficacy
of TM.

feel refreshed and rested under the right circumstances (i.e. - the TM
meditator generally has to have had a good night's sleep the night
before, can't be hung over, kapha, pitta and vata has to be balanced
just right, has to sleep in a vastu ved house, had the proper amount of
Amrit Kalash upon arising, had the proper amount of yagyas done that
month, but only by a certified Marshy pundit) with all those parameters
being met, one can feel good after TM.

all the other TM pimps claim. It happens because Pure Awareness is
natural and we connect with it, we are it, every minute of every day.
Just settling in and getting quiet or using other mantras or following
the breath will do it. TM people believe TM is superior for one reason -
because Marshy said it was. For TM to be superior, there would have to
be something about the TM mantras that is superior and there is not. If
you believe the TM mantras are superior tell me how? If it isn't that TM
mantras that are superior, then what is it that makes TM superior?

way of being myself I am not stupid enough to change my life based on
Mehmet Oz's incorrect assumptions and TM delusions that I have already
cured myself of. So there is your answer Share.

plainer.  And it has nothing to do with taking the word
of a famous, rich person.  It has to do with taking the
word of an intelligent, independent person who also happens to be rich
and famous.  That's what you keep avoiding, isn't
it?  That Dr. Oz is smart and completely independent of
TMO.  I'm guessing that's really what you can't reconcile
with all your beliefs about TM.  That someone really
smart and successful and knowledgeable about health would choose to
practice it.  ÂÂÂ

is a bullshit premise from the get go. Does that make it any plainer?

Which I'll elucidate by saying that I don't consider The Donald as
healthy.  So again, if you are able, how do you explain
that someone like Dr. Oz, smart, successful and healthy, practices and
promotes TM?

this one.  And so they are evading it.

to do what they recommend. If I did, I would have Donal Trump as my guru

reconcile all that you believe about TM with the fact that someone as
smart and
it?  I'm thinking that for famous people like Lynch and
Paul McCartney, Howard Stern and Seinfeld, etc. they're just grateful to
have found a technique that enables them to not only survive but thrive
in the very demanding entertainment field.ÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂ

written in the 1970s. I thought the update would take me a couple of
months, but the process of sorting through the vast amount of published,
top-quality, peer-reviewed scientific research, and the number of
compassionate and helpful programs such as those cited in the article on
David Lynch's foundation, kept me engaged in research and writing for
two years. I have practiced TM since 1967, taught it, and helped to
train TM teachers. Yet I must say I was overwhelmed â€"
and I do not use that word lightly â€" by the extent and
depth of the benefits I uncovered in my research. From greatly improved
health, better educational outcomes, stress reduction, and the awakening
to higher states of consciousness, to replicated interventions in
war-torn areas that resulted in calm and peace, the benefits of TM are
thoroughly demonstrated and truly extraordinary. I find it sad
> > that some misinformed
> > > and/or
has helped, and is helping, so many. I would urge them to investigate
more deeply and re-think their position."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/david-lynch-transcendental-me\
ditation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&