Doc,
What a nice [first person] account.  It's quite charitable and also reads like
an invitation.  Thanks Doc, this should be dragged over to the current parallel
FFL atheist thread too where the atheistic sophists are splitting
epistemological hairs again.  Last weekend I was over in Chicago and got a tour
of the FermiLab where incredibly high-minded research continues to split
particles down and down.  A kind of a very Large game in materialism. It is an
amazing place and a temple in its own atheistic right but for an evident
general lack of experience in what they are after.

A brochure handed out at FermiLab has an explanation where the first director
of Fermi Lab was asked how the laboratory would help defend the United States?
Ans: "It has nothing to do directly with defending our country except to make
it worth defending."
http://www.fnal.gov/

Thoreau, 'A life worth living'.  'Fairfield', is like the ongoing basic
research in spiritual practice even for the enlightened in life.  And, though
some people just aren't smart enough to work at Fermi Lab either but evidently
everyone can study physics practically in public schools and derive benefits.
It's all very encouraging and inspiring for a better life, like your posts.

Thanks for sharing your spiritual experience with us here,
-Buck