> It was rhetorical, actually - the man was many things, but enlightened or
> saint were not among those things. Enlightened men or women and saints do not
> leave behind the flotsam of destruction that Marshy left behind. People
> practicing the meditation of a saint do not turn out like Bevan, Neil, Tony,
> and many rajas, either.

Oh ho, not so fast. What people do with the knowledge (or a practice) might
have nothing to do with the source. Human Beings are notorious for putting
their own spin on a thing. You can not hold responsible some book or some
teacher for what others do with the content. Bevan et al are not necessarily
the reflections of MMY or what he had to say just like children often turn out
very different from their parents. Great parents can still have rotten children
and horrible parents can end up with great offspring.