> Ah, Xeno, thank you for this.  I see you're still on a roll.  Ok, in terms
> of laws of nature, forget YFers for the nonce.  Think about those fire
> walking dufuses (dufusi ?) who don't even get blisters.  Would you say they
> are more or less in accord with the laws of nature governing fire and human
> skin?  I'd say they are more in accord with those laws.  Or maybe they are
> operating from the level of some laws that have a wider range of influence.
> Or maybe it is just as you say, a redistribution of the functioning of the
> existing laws of nature.  But really, Xeno, what does redistribution mean in
> this context?!

Fire walking has to do with transfer of heat. Hot coals are poor conductors of
heat, and if the walk is quick enough, you are less likely to get burned. In
the middle of last year, at a Tony Robbins seminar called 'Unleash the Power
Within', a number of people fire walking got second and third degree burns. It
may be the walk was not prepared properly; maybe they lingered too long.

'Coals, woodchips and similar combustibles are made up almost entirely of
carbon, and it just so happens that carbon is positively miserable at
conducting heat. Most metals, by comparison, are orders of magnitude more
efficient at transferring heat than a smoldering coal or wood chip; if you've
ever burnt your hand on a hot frying pan, you have an appreciation for just how
conductive metal can be.'

'A layer of ash atop the coals serves as an additional protective barrier. Like
the coals beneath it, ash is a poor conductor of thermal energy (so poor, in
fact, that it has a history of use as insulation material in ice boxes). Add to
this the fact that the ash is no longer producing any heat itself, and one can
begin to appreciate how walking over a bed of 2000-degree coals might be
possible.'

If lumps of iron were used instead of coals, you would be doomed because iron
is a great conductor of heat.

You can get hit with a bolt of electricity from an electrostatic generator, but
because it has low amperage, you are not likely to be harmed, though you
certainly may feel the spark, but if you get hit with a bolt of lightning,
which can have extremely high amperage, you are fried instantly. There was a
Johnny MacKenzie who used to work at MIU. I was told he was on a trip and
wanted to watch a thunderstorm in the Rocky Mountains. They found his body the
next day.

An example [Unless you are pretty well grounded, this video will be extremely
disturbing - this is a sample the 'I am death, destroyer of worlds' part of the
Bhagavad-Gita - photographed in India]:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80654598/

> About some one walking into a door, I think you'd have to know what their
> purpose was before ascertaining what laws were governing the event.  IOW, it
> might not be just laws of physics and neurology etc. that were determining
> the event.  What if their nose as if dissolved into the door so that there
> was no pain, no bruise, etc?  I had an experience once where it felt like my
> head dissolved into the wall I was leaning it against!
>

> Jeez!  Which 2 laws of nature would I choose to be out of accord with?!
> The ones that come to mind are pretty wide reaching in influence.  Ok, a cop
> out:  which 2 would you choose?

I don't know what they are, so how could I choose?