When someone asks me what meditation is, I sometimes say it's the process for
taking time for awareness.

To paraphrase Shri Maharishi Patanjali . . .

1.2 Yoga is a (process) of stilling the wandering mind.
1.3 Then Yoga becomes a (state) of awareness abiding in its own nature.

As I understand it, and in my experience, TM fulfills Patanjali's definition of
Yoga, as a process and as a state.

I loved my mantra in the beginning, began to resent it after many years, tried
a few others, and have returned to the one that has been part of my life the
longest.

I read a post the other day about the exponential value of regular meditation.
I don't know if I'm meditating "correctly," perhaps I need to get checked, but
my attention tends to abide on each part of my mantra for longer and longer
periods of time.

Sometimes, probably for half an hour or more, just on one part.

For me, meditation, all the branches of yoga, all the branches of life have
become more an open exploration and discovery.

These days I take Ramana Maharishi's suggestion of it not being important to
meditate for long periods. That feels right for me at the moment. Perhaps when
I get closer to the final death of "my" body, that will change.

Sometimes, especially in the afternoon, my mantra becomes a walking mantra. I
don't like meditating much in the afternoon.

I've plucked the siddhis I like and added a few not mentioned in the YS.

I guess you could call me an "experimental yogi."

For me, the support of everyone in the TMO for the years I was taking part,
were as important for cultivating an enduring habit as what Maharishi said. And
for that I am grateful to Maharishi, the TMO, and to all of you . . .