> So were the sidhalands a nationwide or world wide thing? Were they supposed
> to be constructed by volunteer labor and all that?

The UK has a sidhaland, in a place called Skelmersdale. Formed just after the
siddhis were introduced so we would have somewhere to meditate together and get
all the claimed group benefits from that.

It's in the cheapest place to live in the country, the north west.
A very deprived and miserable housing estate built to cope with
the overflow from Liverpool, and the weather is awful! But over
the years they made a nice little town with dome and a Marshy
school. Quite an impressive achievement, I think it's the only
one outside FF.

Then one day they found out that the hill to the east is just a bit
too high and it delays the sunrise by minute or so. which is too
much for sthapatya ved, so no matter how east-facing your home is
it will never make the grade sthapatya vedically so they are moving the town
further west so they can get all the benefits from having
an extra minute of early morning sun. But it's all a bit academic as it never
stops raining up there.

I always thought it weird that SV says that it's OK for buildings
to block the sunrise but not the land, but there is much that is
highly odd about SV homes. I would like one though if only so I
could predict equinoxes with my gateposts, the only practical use
for them I can think of actually...