What if we were to start with the 'cost' of learning TM?

And what if "The New Movement" (Buck, how long have you had this idea
;-) were to target the numerous yoga studios and their hatha yoga
teachers and students?

I know hundreds of hatha yoga teachers, and only a few who have any form
of meditation practice.

What if TM were taught in these numerous yoga studios for starters?

Or maybe this is already happening . . .

  turquoiseb Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:02:12 -0700

As for the nature of this "new movement" that Buck talks
about, well that's another question, isn't it? It's *easy*
to rail against what is, here and now, today. It's not
quite as easy to come up with an alternative.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hopintopin" <annwkingsley@...>
wrote:

> However, we still need a way to balance karma (Cosmic Consciousness),
or eliminate karma entirely (Unity Consciousness). Most of us are not
born at the tipping point, which is apparent in the case of Eckhart
Tolle.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson mjackson74@
wrote:

> > I was being facetious of course - in my world view the TMO has had
its day - also inmy opinion, the states of awareness that we experience
have nothing to do with TM or in fact ANY meditation technique, we are
led to believe it and I did for a long long time, but I think that all
of the CC, GC, Unity stuff, celestial perception, seeing devas and all
the rest are experiences that exist within each of us because it is all
within Pure Awareness which is our essential nature - we merely need to
get quiet within and feel and observe to begin these experiences.

> > I know a lot of FFL disagrees, and many of us had TM as that which
first began our going within  People like Eckhart Tolle who never
meditated a day in his life before he "woke up" are living proof that
you don't need a movement to get you somewhere, but most people have so
little confidence in themselves that they think they need a leader or a
teacher.

> > My belief is that Marshy knew that we had all the experiences that
one could call alternative states within us and capitalized on the fact
by claiming TM was the best way to experience it. The TMO has too much
baggage of its own and Marshy's to be of any further value to the world.

> > ________________________________

flowers, incense and anything else we might like to add.

> > Michael

> > From : Michael Jackson Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:40:09 -0700
> >
> > no thoughts no mantra no TMO

> > From: sound of stillness
> >
> > Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Girish Varma accused of sexual
harassment - "The
> > New Movement" - Buck
> >
> > It think it was in Stephen Cope's book 'Yoga and the Quest for the
True Self'