--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, laughinggull108 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > So true and don't either of you forget it! From now on, you have to go
> > through me to get to my sweet innocent Baby Krishna Ravi. If you wish to
> > respond to Him, you must ask me first. I'll then consult with Him in due
> > time to see if He would like to even pursue your line of discussion. If He
> > chooses not to, then no reason to even post your comments in the first
> > place. A very efficient and effective use of His precious time. And please
> > try to remember...
> >
> I understand that you, Laughinggull, are now manning the ticket counter
> access to His Presence the Magisterial Royal Mahaswami Ravi Chivukula Guruji
> Mahatmaraja, beneath whom I am not fit to sweep even His Toe Nail Clippings.
> Pray tell upon what condition His Infiniteness might deign to drop a few
> crumbs of His Holy and Benign Darshan in my unworthy direction. Perhaps in a
> moment of His most offhand attention He would feel it barely tolerable to
> pass a kernel of His Most High Wisdom through you to us most thirsty and
> groveling, sycophantic worshipers of His Greatness.
>
> Perhaps you could collect a few grains left over from one of His Chapatis,
> that we could build a shrine to house them and perpetuate their Divine and
> most Humble power.

Scenario: A beat up saffron-colored Ford Ranger mini-pickup truck with a
rickety wooden camper shell parked beside a clear-flowing river with a flashing
neon sign hooked up to a 12-volt battery that reads "Water for Sale". Leaning
against the camper shell on the tailgate in his much too tight, yet dapper,
Shivaratri-best dhoti is our Laughing Protector of His Holiness Raviji who
appears to be either in samadhi or nodding off. (The latter is probably the
case since LPHHR's head occasionally drops suddenly then quickly comes back up
with a jerking motion.) Seeker Xeno warily approaches while seekers Share and
Steve maintain a relatively safe distance about 50 yards away hidden in the
lush vegetation growing along the river on which seeker Share is busily
munching and making soft cooing sounds. Seeker Steve's eyes are focused on
seeker Share, with an occasional glance towards seeker Xeno, ever ready to jump
in at a moment's notice should the slightest danger present itself. A dry twig
snaps loudly under seeker Xeno's sandal-covered foot to which LPHHR awakens
with a start muttering "...yes...mmm...yes...hare Ravi...mmm..." as if caught
between an erotic dream and waking reality.

Seeker Xeno is the first to speak: "Oh Laughing Protector and manner of the
Ticket Counter, I and my two seeker companions hiding back there in the bushes
have traveled long and far along this clear-flowing river and are most thirsty
for water. More importantly, and I can't speak for my two seeker companions
hiding back there in the bushes, I approach as a groveling, sycophantic
worshiper of His Greatness whose name is revered far and wide throughout these
lands of FFL, and desire greatly for just a few crumbs of His Holy and Benign
Darshan or maybe just a kernel of His Most High Wisdom passed through you to
me...uh, I mean us. Hey, seekers Share and Steve, if you wanna get in on this,
you better get up here now..."

Slightly disheveled seekers Share and Steve, with sheepish grins on their
glistening faces, emerge from the bushes.

Fully-awakened (but not in the spiritual sense) LPHHR recognizing that he has
some shills...uh...potential clients speaks: "Yes indeedy...step right
up...step right up all ye sincere seekers of transitory...uh...I mean permanent
RR. First things first however. Cool, clear, thirst-quenching water is $2 per
cup or I can let you have an entire quart for $10. So what will it be my most
parched and sincere seekers?"

After a brief consultation among the three seeker companions from whom can be
heard seeker Xeno "...the cups are cheaper" and seeker Share in her most pouty
voice "...but I want the quart!", seeker Xeno approaches and says: "We'll take
two quarts. And by the way, what's RR?"

The scene fades to black as the first strains of "Amazing Grace" play softly in
the background.

[to be continued...]