--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> On 03/17/2013 02:17 PM, John wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@ <no_reply@> wrote:
> >> I even found green food coloring for my beer!
> >>
> >> Erin go Bragh
> >>
> >> Éirinn go Brách
> >>
> >> Ireland Forever
> >>
> > Yes, the restaurant that I visited for lunch today was celebrating St.
> > Patrick's Day.  But no, it was a Mexican restaurant at the Mission District
> > in SF.  FWIW, I had a machaca dish with horchata for my drink.  So, there
> > you have it.
>
> This is my niece's birthday.  So I sent her a green card, literally it
> was printed on green cardstock.  She's lives in Arizona so it was a bit
> of an "inside" joke.

I used to work in Fort Huachuca, AZ many years ago.  It's anything but green
over there.  Sage brush country is what I remember.  But one restaurant was
celebrating St. Patrick's over there too with banners saying, "Erin go Bragh".
It was also in another restaurant  that I ate a large portion of bison meat for
dinner.  It was delicious.

For historical perpective, the US Army originally established Fort Huachuca to
pacify the Apaches who were riding on a rampage in that land over a hundred
years ago.  Now the Army has a major communications command that spans
worldwide.  How that happened is still a mystery to me.  Maybe Goldwater had
something to do with it.