Sustainability is a thread that is running through the entire Fairfield
community. Fairfield currently has more homes with solar energy or other green
building features than any other town in Iowa and the community has been
featured in many publications as a model for sustainability.
In addition, the recently recreated Fairfield Go Green Sustainability
Commission is developing a community-wide plan focused on incorporating
sustainable practices throughout the city. Scheduled to launch in early 2009,
this plan is intended to impact areas of energy, transportation,
infrastructure, agriculture, and municipal services.
Just another reason that makes Fairfield…an Iowa Great Place.