--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> It turns out that the EEG pattern of long-term TMers during TM remains the
> same as the EEG pattern found in short-term TMers: it's simple relaxation, no
> matter how long you have been doing it. Pure Consciousness is just the same
> pattern in its most extreme form.
>
> In every other meditation technique with published research, you see a shift
> away from simple relaxation towards something different, as you become more
> experienced.
>
> In other words, I wouldn't trust the words of a non-TM teacher with regards
> to your TM practice. They literally don't understand where you are at and can
> only attempt to transform your practice into their practice.

Ahem. Isn't another way of interpreting your first two
paragraphs that there is no *progress* in TM? *You*
are the one interpreting simple relaxation (which never
gets deeper or more profound) with "Pure Consciousness."
I doubt that scientists would.

As for "not trusing non-TM teachers," I can say that TM
teachers don't know diddleysquat except the stuff they
were given to memorize and parrot. That's fine, as far
as it goes, but it really doesn't go very deep, or have
any relevance to the larger field of meditation. They
know a little about one tiny technique, and nothing
about any of the others. They are actually *prevented*
from learning about any of the others, under pain of
banishment.

Just sayin'...  If you dispute this, cite things that
were taught to you on your TM Teacher Training course.
Oh, that's right, you can't. Again, just sayin'...