On 03/24/2013 11:40 AM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:
> [...]
>> I don't know about all that. The book's title was derived from that fact
>> that when its author became an initiator on the Beatles' TTC, MMY was giving
>> out only one mantra. But that's not the most interesting part of the book.
>> There was some interesting stuff about Charlie Lutes vs. The Beatles, and
>> other stuff I hadn't known.
>>
> That sounds a bit odd as 10+ years before that, MMY was saying that we "use
> the mantras [plural] to fetch the grace of the gods [plural]."
>
> Odd that he would only use one mantra 10 years later.

He was speaking about mantras in general.  There are a many, many
mantras and they are used for different things.  Giving one mantra for
meditation would not be unusual.  For the masses you generally give a
shanti or shiva mantra for meditation.  Even with those two groups there
are many to choose from.