Again, just as a followup, it seems to me that one of
the stated *purposes* of this group (to discuss *many*
different spiritual paths, not just TM) is perceived
as being at "cross purposes" to how they perceive the
group by some people here.

One of the reasons I miss Vaj is that he could talk
from experience about several different spiritual paths,
and discuss the differences between them. So can others
here, who have "branched out" from On The Program
TM and have dabbled in other paths. It seems to me
that one of the most interesting aspects of spiritual
practice is how those practices *differ*, so every so
often I'll throw something out to point out *how*
different my time spent with Rama or later with
Tibetan groups was from the time in TM.

One would think that TMers could discuss such things
without getting uptight, but that has sometimes not
been the case here. When someone presents a different
way of "walking the spiritual walk," some seem to feel
the need to fall back on the "Yeah, but TM is better"
response, and find a way to put the other practice
or emphasis down. For example, that has happened when
people bring up mindfulness practice (which is *very*
different from anything taught by the TMO) or views
on celibacy/sexuality, the 'tude one should have
towards a teacher, etc.

What ever happened to curiosity about the larger
world of spiritual practice? Was that declared Off
The Program by the TMO at some point?