 From: seventhray27 <steve.sun...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:25 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Career As Path (was Re: Majorca Spain to turq)

Hi Share,
Thanks for your comments.

> Steve, thank you for your insight. It helps me to understand a little more.
> And your idea that the core of enlightenment was still there, very intriguing.
Well, my understanding has always been that enlightenment is something
permanent.  Exception being perhaps the "Strange Case of RWC"  May have to put
an asterisk on my understanding of the big "E"  there.
 I mean, even just the idea that enlightenment has a core.  Did you read what
turq wrote about all this?  He has written of hubris and I'm still grappling
with that one.
One feature of my personality, which I would call a flaw is that often my
initial impression of something is often overly positive or enthusiastic.
Having said that, as I mentioned before, I found myself very impressed with
Fred Lenz's interviews.  I thought he presented ideas of spiritual growth and
enlightnment in clearer terms than I had ever heard before.
It is a pretty popular thing here to ridicule Fred, and many of Barry's
recollections.  I really have nothing on which to base much of an opinion about
Lenz, other than the little I've read about him.
On the other hand, there seems to be plenty on instances of the so called
"enlightened", backsliding in some ways.  Maybe the temptation of riches,
power and sexual opportunties are just too much to resist.  I likely would have
difficulty with all three if I found myself in such a position.  But I think I
still maintain that "core" enlightenment remains.  It's just that it can get
pretty dirty, and unseemly.
  I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.  Since I read what turq wrote
and even what Judy wrote today about Robin, I've been wondering why genuine
enlightenment doesn't have a built in protection against hubris.
But I'd like to think that I could avoid this pitfall.  Ego, or at least the
negative attributes of ego is something of which I try to stay keenly aware.
It has caused me so many problems that I'm careful not to give it any fuel.
The negative attributes of ego, that is.
  I know my life certainly has that:  maybe a friend gets upset with me or IRS
says I owe them money or I wake up one morning with vertigo.  Presto, any
hubris that was creeping in is gone and I'm once again clearly part of flawed
humanity.
How is your vertigo?  So nice to talk to you.(-: