Except that if such a video existed, it was a lie - TM as it is practiced by
the leaders of the TMO IS a religion - a sightly altered form of Hinduism -
just look at the celebrations they have all the time - all Hindu celebrations

________________________________
 From: sparaig <lengli...@cox.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 7:13 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Feedback to the TM Movement

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jwtrowbridge" <johnwtrowbridge@...>
wrote:
[...]
> For lack of a better expression, I would like to suggest that their needs to
> be a separation of church and state. The church is the purity of the
> knowledge, and the state is how TM is administrated, the organization. The
> organization should consider some of the principles I have suggested. There
> is nothing wrong with conflict. Conflict is just an opportunity to solve a
> problem. It is how something maladaptive, and disorganized becomes beautiful.

At one point in time MMY directed that all TM centers would be run by the
"sidhi parliament," comprised of all the local meditators, while the teaching
duties would remain with the TM teachers.

The TM teachers, seeing their priesthood threatened, ignored him and insisted
in running "their" centers, their way.

Another time, MMY heard that TM teachers were making the puja a standard ritual
in their own lives in all circumstances and released a video to be shown to all
meditators everywhere, where he discussed why he had ensured that TM wasn't a
religion. It was shown once, as far as I know, and then virtually every center
in the world appears to have conveniently lost track of it, with many gung-ho
TMers denying that it ever existed.