--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> Surely this is an April Fool prank.

Surely you don't understand the nature of human beings
and the attachments and aversions they form to certain
words. Just mention one of the words they have an aversion
to in a sentence, and they tend to go batshit crazy. The
context doesn't matter...*nothing* matters except that
one of their aversion-words appeared before their eyes
or in their ears.

Take for example the C-word. There are many here who
seem to have a *profound* aversion to that word. And
it's a perfectly good word, with a long history, even
though its common-usage meaning has shifted somewhat
in recent years. But just mention it in the context of
this discussion group, and some people overreact as if
*by* using it you've insulted them hideously, or have
attacked them personally.

It all seems kinda silly to me, especially with regard
to the C-word. Heck, I'd bet that some here have such
an aversion to the word that they might even go a little
batshit crazy if I do nothing but quote its definition:

Definition of CULT
1 : formal religious veneration : worship
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its
promulgator <health cults>
5a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or
book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
5b : the object of such devotion
5c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion