I loved everything about it, thanks for posting it.  The lyrics totally rock, I
love how she shifts from the personal to the philosophical questions. What a
great model for songwriting.

I especially appreciate her banjo riffs.  I've been working on my African gourd
banjo lately trying to expand my repertoire,  and it has been really hard to
find riffs that speak to me.  There is so much what I call "diddly dee" vibe in
most American banjo.  I've been going to Mali Africa for inspiration but her
musical choices really resonate with me.  I could see making a song out of a
riff like hers so that helps me focus my quest for cool riffs I can write over.
Big help, thanks.

Here is my beautiful gourd banjo. Pete Ross makes them for museums and
musicians from paintings of plantation era gourd banjos.  It has natural gut
strings and the warmest tone.  I plan to record on it for my next CD.

http://banjopete.com/mandebanza.html

Here is the late Mike Seeger who taught me this song which I perform in some of
my adult shows, playing a gourd banjo. (special attention to the last verse).
He learned if from a black man named Josh Thomas from VA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhokO8auCE

Another version with some commentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSxPjk9EVw