--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Okay you naysayers, yeah, you, me buddy, Curtis et alia, tell us how this can
> be scientifically established and yet the universality and probably the
> transcendent field of consciousness is not also established?

Brother.  Nice to hear from you.

Because that is an assumptive jump trying to explain behavior below our
intuitive and sensory grasp.  Or above it! Words added to this experiment
introducing theories of consciousness and the relationship with the behavior of
light at this level are on a completely different logical level.  They belong
in the sense that you could write a poem about this experiment afterwards.  It
might be fun, but it has little to do with the physics involved.

And here is where we may differ about this.  I don't believe that I am in a
position to comprehend any of this with my lack of physics and math background.
 I think my version of understanding what is going on here is a cartoon version
of how people who are trained in this think of it.  So I am not really moved by
the results of the experiment because I can't really buy into what I consider
to be an inevitable reduction from the complexity of the actual experiment to
fit my lack of training perspective.  For me, the magician brought out his own
box and  a tiger jumped out.  I figure, he made the box, so it didn't blow my
mind.  Nothing about light at that level can surprise me. I have zero
expectations about how it should behave.

I am not discounting that you may have studied this stuff enough to have your
mind blown by it, and good on ya mate if it worked for you.  I'm still up here
at a much grosser level where I can't understand why my brain sees my face in a
mirror as life sized, when, if you measure it, it is about half as big as my
actual face.  And I can't see that, I see it as lifesized.  What the F!