--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@> wrote:
>
> "This means the FFL reader experiences a strange kind of
> reality: A person who is expressing a strong opinion who,
> when he does this, does not offer up any evidence of what
> his own experience is of himself when he does this."
>
> This might be a good example of the lack of perceptiveness
> I referred to in an earlier post Robin.  Barry's frequent
> stream of consciousness writing style makes this more
> obvious than for most posters.

The sentence *doesn't* make much sense when you take it out
of context like that, does it? Especially when you go on to
suggest that Barry's stream-of-consciousness style would
tend to refute it.

Too bad you didn't think of this ploy the first time you
tried to argue against the post. Then, according to you,
Robin couldn't see Barry's experience of himself in his
posts because Barry isn't open to being vulnerable to
people he doesn't like.

Neither attempted refutation has much of anything to do
with Robin's actual analysis, which is considerably more
subtle and complex than you've been able to grasp (or at
least wanted anybody else to grasp).

(Barry's response to your post is amusing. To support your
attempted refutation of Robin's analysis, he offers the
fact that he types very fast and doesn't do any editing,
which has even less to do with anything Robin wrote.)

> But I'm ready to be proven wrong.  Perhaps you could show
> us how much more Judy reveals about her experience of
> herself in her writing, as a clear contrast.

It isn't something that can be "shown," in either my case
or Barry's (or anybody else's, for that matter). Where it
shows (or doesn't show) is in our respective posts.

If you can't see the difference in what Robin is talking
about between my posts and Barry's, perhaps it's *your*
lack of perceptiveness that's the problem.

> In your writing, you seem to only be able to focus on
> your experience of yourself.  That is what is killing your
> ability to perceive others beyond your internal cartoon
> images of them.  Carried away by your internal experience,
> you fill the page with observations that only apply to your
> internal world.

Just a manufactured insult, not something you actually
believe to be the case. You aren't *that* undiscerning.