--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <richard@...> wrote:

> salyavin
> > What sort of stuff do you play Willy? I can picture
> > you with maraccas.
> >
> This is funny - I don't listen to recorded music that
> much anymore, but I've always been a jazz fan. Austin
> is the live music capitol of the world. Go figure.
>
> http://www.austin360.com/
>
> Sometimes I like to play 'World Turning' on vinyl
> (from 'Rumours' by Fleetwood Mac, their first album
> with Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham), on the
> Yamaha system out back - we love the Mick Fleetwood
> drum solo with the volume turned about half way up.
>
> Christine McVie is very powerful on on this tune -
> a collaboration with Buckingham. Don't try this at
> home with your headphones. LoL!

I can't, I dropped a desk on them today and sliced through
the cable. Doh! Half way through "Life during wartime" by
the Talking Heads too. Quite spoiled my afternoon. Shielded
cables cost a fortune, such is life....

> Fleetwood Mac 'World Turning'
> http://youtu.be/NL84jPY829I
>
> Fleetwood Mac, Rumours - Vinyl LP:
> http://tinyurl.com/d6caq84
>
> 'Making Rumours: The Inside Story of the Classic
> Fleetwood Mac Album'
> by Ken Caillat
> Wiley, 2012
> http://tinyurl.com/dy7z8yv
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleetwood_Mac

It's a great album but I've never bought a copy even though
I appreciate the songs and the especially the singing. I usually
rely on girlfriends to have a copy of it. They can always rely
on me for Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull of course....