I'm only a lurker in this dialog. I haven't read all the exchanges that have
gone on in the latest conflict. Until these last few posts, I knew next to
nothing about what you have expounded here Judy. Thanks for filling in some
history for me. I don't know if I will go back and read all of the recent
conflict or the prior history, but at least I have a place to start if I decide
to.

Reading the bit I have as I have lurked, the dialog is all too familiar within
the anti-cult circles I've had brushes with. Projection. Sidestepping
accountability for one's words. Speculating of other people's motives.

As I've read, I've not been sure who to believe and wondered why I even care. I
thought how I sometimes long for innocence and wish to be an ostrich...as trite
and childish as that may sound.

I wrote some thoughts earlier after reading Judy's initial post today, trying
to work through some of the muddle in my own head as I've read bits of this
recent conflict.

In writing those thoughts, I wondered why am I muddled? Why does this stuff
even matter to me? Should I state anything publicly? Will I sound foolish? What
if I do sound foolish, what difference does it really make? Has some of the
dialog 'triggered' my own stuff that I am still working through after my
involvement in a 'cult' and certain anti-cult 'cults?'

I questioned my own biases and fairness. Do I judge other's motives? How much
do I project? How much do my biases play into reading others? Like others, my
own experiences have caused me to be less trusting of others; I already had
been well trained to not trust my self and was gaining much ground in that area
until the Knapp crap. I have picked up many of those pieces, but reading this
recent dialog brought some of that stuff up again.

Years ago, Judy had read Knapp correctly and called him out. I won't go into
how I had rationalized the Knapp I thought I knew when I first came to FFL in
2010(?) or maybe it was 2009(?) and read some of Judy's posts calling Knapp
out. I would never (at that time) have imagined she would be so spot on. But
she was. Could she be right again?

I'll stop here...

A few of my muddled thoughts...for what they're worth.