Something seems to be working for you, because you come off as someone
who has gone through difficult times and managed to sort it out in the
end.  So, not for me to make any judgements.  I made my point that when
drawing conclusions, its best to get info from the original sources and
not from a second interpretation.  That's all.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <jchwelch@...> wrote:

> Hey seventhray...Yes there is that risk.
>
> And I imagine it would take me quite a bit longer than 15 to 20
minutes. It isn't the recent discussion that would take awhile; but
rather, the history behind the recent discourses. That history appears
to involve multiple relationships. And I'm not one to jump to quick
conclusions...so my analytical skills (as limited as they may be) take
time to process and think and weigh and compare. Do I want to put that
much energy into this? At this point and time, I do not. But maybe
later, I will.

> This next statement is not directed at you seventhray. ...It occurred
to me some time ago that the word analyze begins with anal. I've
sometimes thought of it as anal-eyes since entering the world of
internet forums in 2006. I was late to the scene.
> **************
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <jchwelch@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm only a lurker in this dialog. I haven't read all the exchanges
> > that have gone on in the latest conflict. Until these last few
posts, I
> > knew next to nothing about what you have expounded here Judy. Thanks
for
> > filling in some history for me. I don't know if I will go back and
read
> > all of the recent conflict or the prior history, but at least I have
> > place to start if I decide to.
> >

> > Think twice about this Carol. Going back and reading the raw feed on
> > your own could be dangerous. You may arrive at a conclusion that
could
> > be a variance with what you have been spoon fed here. Evidently Judy
> > was right about John Knapp, so it might be safer just to go with
> > assumption that's she's right here, rather than putting in the
fifteen
> > to twenty minutes of examining the posts from a few days ago that
might
> > allow you to form your own opinion. They are pretty easy to find.
But
> > there is that risk of having to bring to bear your own analytical
skills
> > rather than rely on those of others.
> >

> > > Reading the bit I have as I have lurked, the dialog is all too
> > familiar within the anti-cult circles I've had brushes with.
Projection.
> > Sidestepping accountability for one's words. Speculating of other
> > people's motives.
> > >
> > > As I've read, I've not been sure who to believe and wondered why I
> > even care. I thought how I sometimes long for innocence and wish to
be
> > an ostrich...as trite and childish as that may sound.
> > >
> > > I wrote some thoughts earlier after reading Judy's initial post
today,
> > trying to work through some of the muddle in my own head as I've
read
> > bits of this recent conflict.
> > >
> > > In writing those thoughts, I wondered why am I muddled? Why does
this
> > stuff even matter to me? Should I state anything publicly? Will I
sound
> > foolish? What if I do sound foolish, what difference does it really
> > make? Has some of the dialog 'triggered' my own stuff that I am
still
> > working through after my involvement in a 'cult' and certain
anti-cult
> > 'cults?'
> > >
> > > I questioned my own biases and fairness. Do I judge other's
motives?
> > How much do I project? How much do my biases play into reading
others?
> > Like others, my own experiences have caused me to be less trusting
of
> > others; I already had been well trained to not trust my self and was
> > gaining much ground in that area until the Knapp crap. I have picked
up
> > many of those pieces, but reading this recent dialog brought some of
> > that stuff up again.
> > >
> > > Years ago, Judy had read Knapp correctly and called him out. I
won't
> > go into how I had rationalized the Knapp I thought I knew when I
first
> > came to FFL in 2010(?) or maybe it was 2009(?) and read some of
Judy's