OK someone who has attended MUM recently please 'splain this to me - what
exactly are they doing that this person described on MUM Secrets?

#147: MUM is the only place in life I was ever asked to repeat long pages of
words for "sound value" and discouraged
from asking the meaning.

I feel a bit weird for following along
 but did it anyway. It felt like reciting confusing King James Version
Bible verses and then upon asking the meaning, you're told, "the meaning
 isn't important, you are reciting for sound value."?
Come again?

Excuse me... but what the fuck am I saying every day in this class with
 20 other people!? I'm pretty sure everyone else in the world following a
 spiritual practice is aware of what they are repeating.
Words are powerful and so are their meanings.