--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@>
> > wrote:
(snip)
> > > Yes I know, but the point I'm making is that the drumming on
> > > say, When the levee breaks by Zeppelin is as much part of
> > > the song as the tune and lyrics but he wouldn't have got any
> > > extra for writing what is not just a kick ass beat but also
> > > the most sampled beat in the whole of music.
> >
> > Oh, wow:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEQTJV_3-w
>
> Thanks for posting that link. Do you know I just assumed
> everyone would be familiar that track so didn't bother myself!

Most here probably are familiar with it.

> It moves me so much. The whole album is fantastic, it was the
> first serious album I brought. I was 13 and went from Boney M
> to gobsmacked in an instant.

I was 13 in 1955. The first serious album I bought
was Sinatra's "Songs for Swingin' Lovers." ;-) By
the time "When the Levee Breaks" came out in 1971,
I was 29 and not listening to popular music much
except the Beatles, so I'm a bit deprived.

This was just stunning.