--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> Oh my. I missed this earlier in the day. Barry, Barry,
> you were right. It's not about defending x,y, or z.
> It's really about a very demented, pinched, and unhappy
> person.  My compassion reaches out to her.

Steve, naturally I agree with you. This message to
Share just *drips* with hatred and malevolence, not
to mention the delusional belief that Judy "knows"
what people karmically "deserve."

Trying hard to be compassionate myself, I should point
out something about Judy that makes her a victim of
her own impulses. It is a trait that she exemplifies
here on FFL the most, but it is also a trait shared
by Ann, by Robin, by Jim, and others.

They believe that words are more important than actions.
In particular, they believe that what *they* say --
about their motivations, about themselves, about the
images of themselves they wish to push out, about
others, about *anything* -- are more important than
their actions, and the INTENT those actions reveal.

Judy *believes* Robin because she believes what he
*says* about himself. She believes in his words so
strongly that this belief renders her incapable of
perceiving his actions, which are often in complete
opposition to what his words claim. Naturally, she
does the same thing about herself, *saying* things
about her supposed motivations (to "protect people
who have been wronged," etc.) that are *said* to
mask the fact that (IMO) she is just dumping on
another of her targets because she's an old, bitter
woman who at this point in her life can do nothing
else.

Although I am the first to point out that the Fred
Lenz - Rama guy I studied with was more than a little
bonkers in many ways, he also taught me some things
that I still consider valuable. One of them was,
"Listen to what people say, but watch what they DO."

That has been one of my guidelines ever since. I
really *don't* ever believe thoroughly in what people
*say* about themselves and their beliefs and their
motivations. I watch what they DO. Their actions
reveal the "real" them. The words are just words.

Given the example below, Judy's words are nasty
and could not reek more of superiority and arrogance
and hatred if she had tried to capture those things
consciously. Whatever she may try to say *about*
what she said, the fact remains that she said it.
THAT was an action. And that action speaks volumes.